The 1/2 length zip allows easy access and exit if needed.
With a small pack size and very light it can be stored away in the rucksack until needed,can be used on its own or with a sleeping bag to give good all round protection.
The fabric used in the design of the Snugpak SF Bivvi Bag, Paratex Dry. It is breathable that will allow trapped moisture to escape from within the bag, keeping you dry and comfortable. This material will remove vapour out of the bag at 7.5L of moisture per m² per 24 hours. The Snugpak Bivy Bag has ample room for either a military issued sleeping bag, Snugpak Sleeping Bag, most other sleeping bags as well as your Weapon System.
A 5000mm Hydrostatic Head ( this is the test used to check how well a material performs in waterproof tests) qualifies this bag for waterproof and windproof durability and will help to maintain body temperature.
Standard length 230cm / 91" Chest Width 88cm / 35" Foot Width 65cm / 26"
Extra Long length 260cm / 102" Chest width 88cm / 35" Foot width 65cm / 26"
- Standard size 340g .
- Extra Long - 400g.
- Packed 14cm x 10cm / 6" x 4".
- Fabric outer Paratex Nylon.
- It has a half zip in centre of bag for quick and entry and exit.
- This is a great bivi bag for using wit the forces sleeping bags.
- Made with waterproof fabric / hydrostatic head over 5000mm which is good as anything over 1500mm is considered to be waterproof.
- Comes with sealed taped seams.
- Breathable fabric used throughout and has a soft touch.
- Comes with stuff sack.
- Fabric outer has been treated with a long lasting Water Repellent ( repellency can be maintained by following instructions ).
Note: Snugpak SF Bivy Bags have a special coating,designed to be breathable,but sufficient air cannot pass through the material to sustain breathing.The user should not seal the bag so as to prevent suffocation.